I’ve been to Texas Tech a few times now, and the experience has not changed much. The food is still substandard and expensive. The student section is the worst of any school I’ve visited. It’s just not fun going to a game at Texas Tech. So, when I heard about Kason Johns Texas Tech Red Raiders Football Game Experience, it was something that needed to be done. I know what you are probably thinking, this guy is obsessed with college football.
How could he possibly care about a side-of-the-field game?” A quick Google search will show you that many people have an interest in anything related to Texas Tech football. After all, the team’s mascot is a bulldog! However, my interest wasn’t piqued until I read the back story on Kason Johns’ experience with the Red Raiders program. In fact, this experience generated so much curiosity that we managed to secure an interview with Mr. Johns himself.
What was your experience at the Texas Tech game?
The Texas Tech Red Raiders Football Game Experience is a VIP package that includes:
– Access to the VIP tailgate area
– A private driver to and from the game
– Game day breakfast (included in the price of the package)
– Complimentary bottled water at the tailgate party
– Complimentary snacks throughout the day
– Complimentary beer at the post-game tailgate party
– Complimentary smoothies and coffee at the visitor’s locker room
– Complimentary access to the Red Raiders’ practice facility
– Complimentary access to the basketball practice facility
– Complimentary access to the volleyball practice facility
– Complimentary admission to the Kason Johns Texas Tech Red Raiders Football Game Experience
What is required to get into a Red Raider Football Game Experience?
You will need to fill out a waiver form and pay a deposit of $500. This deposit is non-refundable, but you can always use the “yell at me,” “im a Red Raider,” or “I was rejected” card to get it back. If you do not pay the deposit by the date shown on the form, you will not be allowed into the game. To protect the privacy of current and prospective students, prospective and current Red Raiders are not allowed into the game.
If you could change one thing about the Red Raiders Game Experience, what would it be?
Simply, I would have an open bar. Yes, an open bar is mandatory, but at an FBS school, the Open Bar Rule is meant to keep FBS drinking parties out. An open bar at the Big 12 level would be an experience in and of itself.
Final Words: Should You Join The Kason Johns Texas Tech Red Raiders Football Game Experience?
If you love college football and have been looking for a reason to go to a big-time football game, the Red Raiders are the school to see. This is a very exclusive club with a lot of history, traditions, and rabid fans. The team is coached by Kliff Kingsbury, a former Texas Tech assistant who went on to win the Heisman Trophy at Texas Tech.