The NFL’s RedZone channel is a service that television viewers at home get to enjoy by paying for a cable subscription. It is the Monday night version of the classic “Satellite TV for Home” service. If you are not a fan of the game and would rather not spend the money for a cable subscription, then you can look into the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service. The service is not free, but if you can cut back on your expenses and manage to only pay for what you watch, then you will be able to save money in the long run by avoiding a cable subscription. As long as you have a computer and internet connection, you can watch the games on your computer and save the videos to watch them later.
In this article, we take a look at the pros and cons of the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service to help you make the right decision if you are considering signing up.
What is the CrackStreams NFL Redzone Service?
The NFL RedZone is the channel that allows you to watch the games in the most condensed way possible. The channel is only available in selected areas and is only available on cable TV services. However, there is a free version of the service available which allows you to watch just one game per week. You can subscribe to the full version of the NFL RedZone for $70 per year if you live in certain areas. The channel gets you live coverage of all the games as they happen throughout the season.
The service is available on an over-the-air broadcast network and via your cable provider. If you live in an area that is not covered by the RedZone, then you can still watch the games live on your local CBS and FOX affiliate stations. The CBS and FOX stations will also air the playoff games. The games broadcast on the RedZone channel are not simulcast, which means that there will be no halftime recap or analysis of the game on the RedZone channel.
Is the CrackStreams NFL Redzone Service Worth the Money?
If you are someone who is interested in watching the NFL and would like to cut down on your cable expenses, then the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service may be worth it for you. You can watch the same games on the RedZone channel with the same condensed coverage as the cable subscribers. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. You will have to have a computer and internet connection to watch the games. If you do not have these things, then you will not be able to watch the games at all. In addition, the games will be streamed on your computer. You cannot watch the games on your television with a set-top box.
If you can live with these two restrictions and are okay with only being able to watch the games on your computer, then the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service will be worth the money. You can save a significant amount of money by not having to pay for a cable subscription and can save even more if you are willing to forego television altogether. The CrackStreams service is not the only way to watch NFL games without cable. You can also use an antenna to watch NFL games on the free over-the-air broadcast networks and with an online streaming service.
The Pros of the CrackStreams NFL Redzone Service
– Great Value – With the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service, you will be able to watch as many games as you want for just $35 per season. You will have access to the games for the 2017 season and you can also get a one-year subscription for just $35 when you sign up for a year at the same time. That is a total of just $85 if you want to save even more money by not having to pay for a cable subscription.
– Plenty of Games – The NFL RedZone is not just for the big games. The service offers live coverage of all the games throughout the season which means even if you are not a huge football fan, you will still be able to watch games. The service covers all Sunday games, Monday night games, Tuesday night games, Thursday night games, and Sunday night games.
– Perfect for Sports Fans – The NFL RedZone channel is a great option for sports fans who want to cut down on their cable expenses and also want access to all the games throughout the season. The service offers live coverage of all the games that are taking place and will allow you to catch all the important ones during the season.
– Streams All the Games from Your Computer – The CrackStreams NFL Redzone service is not available on televisions. Instead, it is a computer-based service. This means that you will be able to watch the games on your computer. You do not have to worry about setting up a television just for the service as you will be able to watch from your computer.
The Cons of the CrackStreams NFL Redzone Service
– Only One Game Per Week – If you are someone who loves watching football, then you will probably not mind the fact that you only get to watch one game per week. However, if you are someone who wants to catch up on the games that they have missed, you might find this restriction inconvenient.
– You Have to Be Online to Stream – You will have to be online to watch the games because they are streamed on your computer. However, there are some computer browsers that will not allow streaming content. These include Internet Explorer and Firefox. If you are using one of these browsers, you will not be able to stream the games.
– Not Available in Every Area – The NFL RedZone is only available on cable TV services in select areas. You will have to have a subscription to the service in order to watch the games.
– Price May Rise in the Future – The price for the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service may rise in the future if you are someone who likes to save money and only watch one game per week. The price is only $35 for the one-year subscription currently. If it is easy for you to only watch one game per week and you do not mind not having access to all the other games, then you may want to wait and see if the price goes up. This is a common practice for cable providers, who like to raise prices periodically.
Final Words: Should you sign up for the CrackStreams NFL RedZone Service?
If you have a computer and a reliable internet connection, the CrackStreams NFL Redzone service is a good way to catch up on the games you have missed. However, you will have to be online to stream the games, which is not ideal if you are trying to save money. The service may be worth it if you only watch one game per week and are okay with only being able to watch the games on your computer.